Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick update

No pictures tonight, but thought I'd give a quick update since I'm no longer feeling so normal! This might be my last post before Rya arrives! I made it to my doctor appointment this afternoon, and when I asked what the heart rate of the baby was, the doctor said 130 (this is what it was last week too), and he said it sounds like a boy! ;) I said I hope not, but that I haven't washed anything, just in case! It'll sure be kind of sad if we don't have a girl, since we've been calling her Rya and have all girl stuff. But obviously, we just pray for a healthy baby.

Anyway, the doctor informed me I was still not dilated at all. However, as soon as I got home I apparently started dilating, b/c I began to feel a little different, and then started to have what felt like menstrual cramps, down under Rya (who has dropped a ton, even maybe some more today!), as well as started seeing some of "the plug". Within a couple hours the cramps started to also be in my lower back and get a little stronger. I had no idea if this was normal or not, I really didn't think they were contractions b/c I wasn't feeling any tightening in my stomach, and I didn't want to wait it out in case there was something wrong (I haven't read anything about this, nor were we told anything about this in our prenatal class). So, I called the Mercy Nurse, and she confirmed I wasn't having contractions, that I was most likely dilating and will probably have the baby anytime within 24 hours to 3 days! Remember, tomorrow is my due date. =) She said the cramps will probably go away (they haven't yet) , and to start timing once I begin having actual contractions. I am to go to the hospital once I have consistent contractions about 4-5 minutes apart for at least an hour. So we wait some more!

Jesse put together the swing tonight, but not the crib. We're obviously not in any hurry with the crib. =)

I hope I can get some sleep tonight...and that I don't start having strong contractions while at work tomorrow! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment