
I’m a bit disappointed in myself for not blogging more
often. It’s been about 2 months,
sadly, since my last post. I started
this blog really for Rya, but also for myself to look back on the journey of my
first child (and I'm glad I did because it was quite the whirlwind in the beginning that I don't even remember some of it). If you remember
correctly, I’ve never been a baby person, didn’t know if I wanted to have
babies (I was pretty afraid of babies, to be honest) and just wasn’t ready for
so long, when Jesse was ready 3.5 years before we finally had Rya. So deciding I was finally ready for a
baby was a big deal to me. That’s
why this blog means what it does to me.
That’s why I wish I had blogged more often. But life is busy.
Plain and simple. And when
I had the time that I could have sat down with the computer and posted to my
blog, then I didn’t want to; I just wanted to sit and watch tv, relax, and
enjoy the quiet, sometimes me-time, time.
That kind of time was taken for granted before Rya. Now I cherish it, but not as much as I
cherish my time with Rya! But it’s time I wasn’t sure I’d ever
have again when Rya was a young baby and not going to bed until when Jesse and
I did, and waking up all the time, and not napping on the weekends well. So now, when Rya is in bed and asleep
by 7:45 and I can sit and watch tv and do nothing, I love it! There are plenty of things I could do, like mop, dust, fold laundry, put away clothes,
and COOK. But I just want to do
nothing but sit on my couch and enjoy my tv shows. “Cleaning is for the weekends” is my motto. :)
So anyway, it’s been 2 months
& Rya is 11 months old! WOW, I
can’t believe she is going to be a year old in a few weeks. As I was uploading new pictures on
Facebook I noticed I had over 100 pics in my “Rya Wilhelmena” album. Then I decided I’ll rename it soon, and
call it “Rya Wilhelmena – Year One”
:) It really is fun to look
back through all the pictures and see how she’s grown.
We made it almost 11 months
before Rya had to stay home from Eski’s because she was sick. 2 weeks ago Jesse checked on Rya before
we went to bed and he said she was really hot to touch. I went in and felt her and he was
right. I took her temp and it read
102! The next morning she was
pretty lethargic and still had her temp, so I stayed home with her. She was not herself at all- hardly ate
anything, didn’t want to drink much, just laid wherever I put her and stared,
and even cuddled and slept on me.
Remember, this girl does not cuddle and sleep on me, as she is always
squirmy and on the go! :) So the only good thing about her being
sick was that she cuddled with momma.
Rya wasn’t herself all day
and still had a fever overnight, so we kept her home again the next day, with
daddy this time. Jesse took Rya to
the Pediatrician and the doc ruled out strep throat. By the third day Rya was more herself and back to daycare on
Monday. Then we made it until
exactly a week after she had her first fever when I got a call from Eski, an
hour after dropping Rya off there, saying Rya vomitted about 4 times and hadn’t
even eaten there yet. I had to go
get baby girl and off to the doctor we went again (really only because his
office is right by Eski’s & could be a stop on the way home, not out of our
way). Rya had a pretty normal
temp, and doc figured it was the food she’d eaten the night before (I started
giving Rya Gerber’s 3rd foods that are called “nutritious
dinners”. Doc doesn’t like those
for babies and does not think they are nutritious). So we decided not to feed her that anymore, and after he
checked Rya’s ears, throat, belly and lungs, he said she was fine. Unfortunately, she wasn’t, and couldn’t
keep anything down the rest of the morning. I called a Mercy Nurse (hesitantly, because this was the
same Mercy Nurse line I called the night I went into labor and one nurse said
my contractions were probably only cramping as I started to dialate, and later
another nurse was concerned I had a bladder infection rather than having
contractions and being in labor!), and the nurse said she’d had a lot of puking
children as a stomach flu was going around. She instructed me to get Pedialyte in Rya, and then “taught”
me how much, how often and how to do it.
:) I got some Pedialyte
into Rya, but she really wouldn’t eat or drink much for 3 days. If you know what happens to you when
you don’t eat or drink much, you know how miserable Rya became. Once she finally pooped, it was so
painful for the poor girl, she cried every time. Eski tried prunes and they didn’t help. Finally, after 3 days of not pooping,
magic happened. I talked to a
Pharmacist and she suggested giving Rya 1 tsp of caro syrup. Of course, Rya liked the almost pure
sugar treat- she is her mommy’s
daughter after all. ;) Within a half hour of the syrup dose
and dinner, Rya’s pants were rumbling!
I’ve never been so excited for a poopy diaper! =D

ANYWAY, she’s all better
now. She’s back to her fussy
needy lovable self. ;)
We’re excited for this
weekend- Rya gets to meet her twin baby cousins, and we get to see them and
their mom & dad for the first time since they were born Feb. 12! It’s been exactly 3 months!
This weekend is also my first Mother’s
Day! It’s been quite a year, and I
feel so blessed. I’m so happy to
be able to celebrate the day as a mother now, with my baby Rya. She means the world to me, and I just
want to spoil her forever! It’s amazing the feeling I have for my first born,
and how special she is to me. I
will cherish this first Mother’s Day, and wish all of you moms reading a Happy
Mother’s Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment