2 weeks ago today, we welcomed 2 new little babies to the Von Behren family- Jesse's brother Nate and our sister-in-law Jess had their twins a few weeks early. One boy, one girl, named Brant and Natalie. They were just little tykes at 4 lbs 1 oz and 3 lbs 12 oz, but they are doing well, as well as momma. We are so excited for Nate & Jess, and for Rya to have baby cousins to play with! :) We got to go visit the day they were born, but accidentally left our camera in the room when we went to the NICU. But here's a picture Jess sent us.
There was also another addition to the extended Von Behren family this week- one of Jesse's cousin had a baby, and it was a girl! Rya will have so much fun growing up with cousins only 8.5 months younger. =]
Rya is so ecstatic, she is about to "walk" to them- she is now pulling herself up to everything and standing, all on her own. =] She's such a big girl! We even started putting her in a big girl car seat today. She has the tooth on the bottom that was her first tooth to come in, plus the front top two, and now Rya has the next two on the top coming in. These last two teeth coming in may have been part of the reason for her waking up overnight, but she slept all night this whole last week. A couple of days Rya woke up earlier in the morning than we prefer, but we were thankful for the uninterupted night's sleep! In addition to the teething, I think her waking up could have also been b/c we stopped giving her acid reflux medicine. First we cut back to just once/day and then a couple of weeks ago we stopped giving it to her all together, thinking surely by now she is grown out of the need for it. Last weekend we started giving it to her again, and then she started sleeping through the night. It's so hard to know, but I think we'll keep giving the medicine to her for a while longer.
Baby girl is now almost 9 months, but here is an 8 month picture-
Jesse's basketball season ended on Friday night when the Ames boys lost to Ankeny. We love basketball season, but love daddy being home even more! He will start teaching his driver's ed next month, so we'll enjoy a couple of weeks at home. I'm hoping to get some little projects around the house completed now that basketball is over. ;) Unfortunately for us, one unexpected project is having to replace a leaking window.
As for my new job, things are going well. I had a really stressful and challenging day last week, but I got through it and survived, so all is good. :) I enjoy the job and the people I work with, and really love being so close to Rya and home. But, I may always miss Simpson...
Last weekend I went back to campus to play in the alumni basketball game. We also got to watch the Storm women win the IIAC title outright. Rya made her third visit to campus (I forgot to get a picture of her in her cute "SC" Sweet Tee)! I always enjoy going back to play, and missed not being able to last year. =] I've been playing in a rec league on Wed. nights, and that just ended last week.
With the end of some basketball seasons comes March Madness and the end of winter- yay! Soon it will be summer and Rya's first birthday...in Okoboji! Enjoy the warm end of the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment